Online, April 5-11
In-Person, April 12
Discover the Possibilities
Join us on campus at the LBJ School of Public Affairs for an opportunity for career-minded individuals to network with representatives from a wide variety of career and professional education programs across UT Austin’s campus
There are more than fifteen departments across campus that offer career-accelerating programs, including traditional or online graduate degrees, professional development opportunities, career-training programs and more. Learn more about these programs and meet UT faculty and staff at the in-person portion of our event.
New this year is a series of career-focused webinars occurring in the week before our main event. Register for any or all to hear from UT faculty and staff about the future of the workforce and the part that non-traditional education will play in preparing the workforce:
- Evaluating Education Options to Move Your Career Forward, Wednesday, April 5, Noon-1 p.m.
- Upskilling for the Future: Business and Leadership, Monday, April 10, 11 a.m.-Noon
- Upskilling for the Future: Engineering, Science and Technology, Monday, April 10, 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- Getting to the C-Suite: Mid-Career Opportunities, Tuesday, April 11 – Noon-1 p.m.
Last year, participating departments included:
- Center for Professional Education
- College of Natural Sciences
- Online Master's in Artificial Intelligence
- Online Master’s in Computer Science
- Online Master’s in Data Science
- Online Master’s in Nutritional Sciences
- Extended Campus Custom Training
- Human Dimensions of Organizations
- LBJ School of Public Affairs
- Master of Science in Information Security and Privacy
- McCombs School of Business (Specialized Master's Programs)
- Moody College of Communication
- School of Information and Center for Identity
- Texas Engineering Executive Education
Webinar Schedule and Details
Wednesday, April 5, Noon-1 p.m.
Evaluating Education Options to Move Your Career Forward
There are so many options to consider when it’s time to prepare for your next career move. Will you choose graduate school or a certificate program? Will you devote weeks or months? Will you level up within your current field or dive into a new industry?
Explore these questions and other considerations in our kick-off panel discussion, featuring experts from a variety of professional education programs across the university.
Monday, April 10, 11 a.m.-Noon
Upskilling for the Future: Business and Leadership
Leadership styles and approaches have evolved to include more empathetic and understanding perspectives. Up-skilling leaders is critical in today’s demanding workplaces as new expectations create new sets of required competencies.
Learn more about setting direction, building trust and fostering teamwork with panelists from the Moody College of Communication, McCombs School of Business and the LBJ School of Public Affairs.
Monday, April 10, 12:30-1:30 p.m.
Upskilling for the Future: Engineering, Science and Technology
Technology evolves daily, increasing the need for individual contributors who are confidently skilled in current technology such as artificial intelligence, data science, blockchain and more. It’s important to stay on top of technological innovation and upskilling is the way to remain relevant in the current work environment.
Join faculty panelists from UT’s Department of Computer Science, the McCombs School of Business and the Master of Science in Information Security and Privacy program for a discussion about the future of this workforce.
Tuesday, April 11, Noon-1 p.m.
Getting to the C-Suite: Mid-Career Opportunities
Reaching “the C-Suite” has become a goal for many employees midway through their careers. With fewer opportunities for advancement, reaching chief-level positions not only depends on past performance but also a mastery of skills outside one’s immediate scope of work. Resume considerations are no longer limited to past positions and experience, but now include chemistry with teams and cross-functional core competencies.
Discover the building blocks getting to the C-Suite with insights from UT faculty from across campus.
Don't miss your chance to meet with continuing and professional education departments at UT Austin! Determine if your career choices are taking you in the right direction and get your professional headshot taken.